The #1 question people ask when considering Lean Six Sigma is: “Is it worth it?”
By which they mean:
Can I afford a long, drawn out, complicated change to my work life in a crazy-busy, overworked world where I don't want to add one more thing to my "to do" list? And will Lean Six Sigma deliver immediate, bottom-line, profit-enhancing, career-building results?
This manifesto answers these questions.
If you don’t have the time to read the whole manifesto, here’s what it says:
Whether you are a mom-and-pop store or a Fortune 500 company, to get the U.S. economy, your business, and your life back on track, you are going to want to start plugging the leaks in your cash flow. The solution to seemingly complex business problems is surprisingly simple and implementable.
I helped a hospital system start saving $5,000,000 a year in less than five days. I helped a cell phone company start saving $3,000,000 a year in five days. And I helped a muffler shop simplify, streamline and optimize daily operations to compete with a nearby chain store. I use Lean Six Sigma in my business to deliver fast, affordable, flawless Lean Six Sigma methods and tools.
Lean Six Sigma, as it is traditionally implemented, takes too long, costs too much and often fails to deliver the results expected. You can’t afford to spend a fortune training “belts” on all of the methods and tools in the hopes that they will find and plug the l eaks in your cash flow. You can’t afford to wait months or years for results.
Instead, the future belongs to companies whose “Money Belts” can use the “Magnificent Seven” tools to maximize profits while minimizing costs. Money Belts can be trained in a day and start delivering results in five days or less.
Is Lean Six Sigma For You?
• Do you have too much fire fighting and crisis management? • Is there too much rework and repair of error-prone products and services? • Do you have too many angry customers? • Are you losing business to faster, better and cheaper competitors? Questions This Manifesto Answers:
1. Why is it foolish to spend a fortune training lots of Green and Black Belts on every tool and then start lots of teams?
2. Why do half of all Six Sigma implementations fail?
3. Why is all of the folklore about implementing Lean Six Sigma totally wrong minded?
4. What are the key tools you need to solve 99% of all business problems and maximize results?
5. How can every business, large or small, service or manufacturing, government or public sector use Lean Six Sigma to achieve breakthroughs in speed, quality and profitability?